Here is a brief list of the improvements on MP-301 MK3 Deluxe Version.
1. The whole PCB board is gold plated for better signal purity. Unique Design!
2. The total power filtering capacitance is increased again to further lower noise floor.
3. High quality power switch. Made in Japan by ALPS.
4. Higher quality input and output selection switches.
5. Lower tolerance ALPS volume control.
6. Higher quality headphone Jack.
Here is the list of improvements:
- The power transformer is upgraded. The EI core is 30% larger to lower the working temperature. The potting material is upgraded to higher grade epoxy to improve the strength and heat resistance. More precise user configurable input voltages: 110V, 120V, 220V, 240V.
- Add KT88 and 6550 power tube support.
- The case construction is improved to be stronger and much easier to access when service or upgrade is needed. Since the steel is thicker, and the case is a bit wider, the background hum is much lower than the MK2 version when using low impedance headphones. It is hardly noticeable now.
- The circuit is improved to further lower distortion and increase the stability when using some lower quality power tubes.
- High quality screw-in connectors are used on the PCB boards, so the PCB can be removed much easier without soldering when service or upgrade is required.
- Output transformers are improved with better construction to improve low frequency response.
- Total power supply filtering capacitance is increased by 60uf to further lower background noise.
- One amplifier supports 6L6 (6P3P), KT66, 5881, EL34, KT77, KT88 and 6550.
- Auto biasing design that eliminates manual adjustment.
- Class A single ended; Zero negative feedback.
- Built with high grade genuine components.
(US Military Vishay Dale resistors. RIFA 450, Rubycon, Philips BC and Nichicon capacitors.)
- 24K gold plated input and output terminals.
- Transformers are made with oxygen free copper wire and Japanese Z11/M6 silicon core.
- 2 oz. thick copper PCB.
- Proven by many audiophiles. Excellent sound quality guaranteed.
6L6 power tube is recommended for headphone users to obtain the quietest background.
|Tubes (Default)||6L6 (6P3P) x 2, 6J8P x 2|
|Tubes (Optional)||EL34 x 2, 6550 x 2|
|Topology||Class-A Single Ended|
|Output Power (RMS)||6.5W(6L6，KT66) / 7W (EL34，KT77，KT88) (Speaker)
2W x 2 (Headphone)
|Output impedance||4Ω- 8Ω(Speaker), 32Ω-600Ω(Headphone)|
|Frequency Response||15Hz – 30Khz|
|AC Input||100-120V / 220-240V 50-60Hz Worldwide Use|
|Dimension||(W 20CM x L 26CM x H 16CM)|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited|
Tube Replacement Guide:
|V1 V2||6SJ7, 5693, 717A, 713A, 6SH7, 6SD7, 6J8P, 6*8|
|V3 V4||6P3P, 6L6, KT66, 5881, EL34, 6CA7, KT77, KT88, 6550|