A simple line controller with audiophile acclaimed sound quality. Use it to switch between multiple sources, connect multiple amps, control active speakers or add outputs for a subwoofer, headphone amp or just about any line-level device.
SMD Stepped Attenuator
Key to the excellent sound quality is the stepped attenuator, which utilises an array of thin film SMD resistors to provide precise, stepped volume control and excellent channel balance at all levels.
New Look, More Inputs and Outputs
Our second generation preamp now has 3 inputs, 2 configurable outputs and a laser engraved walnut + aluminium enclosure. The chassis is longer, more substantial and remains stable with heavy cables.
Selectable Fixed Attenuation
A new feature is the selectable attenuation, which allows you to reduce the signal by a fixed -10 dB or -20 dB. If your system has too much gain and you can’t turn the volume dial past 12 o’clock without hearing damage, this setting will help.
Output 1 is the primary output and its level is set by the volume control. Output 2 can be configured (by switches on the base) as either an additional primary output, or as a ‘loop’ out, to bypass the volume control and (you guessed it) loop out to another device.
Handmade in England
The products are designed, made, and tested in our London workshop; and the vast majority of parts and labour costs go to British companies.
- Enclosure: Handmade American black walnut facia and anodised aluminium body, laser engraved markings
- Attenuator: 1% tolerance thin film SMD resistors, ±0.25 dB channel balance at all levels, gold plated contacts
- Size D x W x H: 150mm x 105mm x 60mm
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhms
- Output Impedance (at full volume): 0 Ohms
- Fixed Attenuation: 0 dB, -10 dB, -20 dB. Set by switches on base
- Power Supply: None (it’s passive!)
- Number of Inputs: 3
- Number of Outputs: 2
- Output 1: Variable – level set by volume control
- Output 2: Variable or Loop, set by switches on base:
Variable: Level set by volume control simultaneously with Output 1. Provides a second main output for connecting another amplifier, active subwoofer etc.
Loop: Bypasses the volume control. Use this to loop out to a headphone amp or other device without adjusting the volume.